Monday, November 6, 2023

Precision Aero Products PCK

Since switching from Glo to ePower in 2010 I've mainly used Hacker inrunners motors and APC propellers.  Hackers have served me well, their torquey power, reliability, lightweight, and efficiency made it a logical choice. However, I want a change. Switching to using the D3 controller was a very welcome change that enhanced speed control of the C50s and C54s I use today but I seek more.  Contra systems have become the go-to power systems not just for FAI but also AMA-level competitors.  Their ability to eliminate/minimize the P-factor and their braking ability makes them attractive.  Although personally, the thrust output seems challenging to manage. Diligent throttle delivery and throttle curve configuration are required to manage.  From what I have witnessed rapid acceleration and deceleration occur.

Here in SE Texas, we have been very fortunate to have forward-thinking users and designers of F3A aircraft and equipment. This past weekend Bryan Herbert owner of CK Aero attended the 2nd annual pattern event held at the famous Bomberfield in Monaville, TX.  He competed with his design the Alchemy Pro outfitted with Precision Aero Products' latest widget the PCK 4-blade power system.  This system checks all the boxes for me.  The most appealing trait was speed control.  In the 2000s I used 4-blades on YS motors with success.  The PCK on Bryan's plane immediately appealed to me so I am on the waiting list.  I am looking forward to learning more and taking delivery.


2007 National Masters Champion / Futaba Flight Achiemnent Award

  • Aircraft -- ZNLINE Twister
  • Engine -- YS 160DZ w/apc15X11 4 blade prop
  • Fuel -- Morgan Fuels CoolPower 30% heli blend
  • Radio -- Futaba 14MZ, digital servos all controls







No comments: