Monday, October 26, 2020

D3 controller installation

 Mounting the D3 in direct airflow.

First and foremost I am believer in Adam Debowski's controller performance for F3A competition models.  I now have three models outfitted: Invitation G2/Hacker C50 14xl comp, Epic Evo/Hacker C54, Passion Bipe/Plettenberg 30-10 which I use as a testbed for new equipment.  

The following illustrates how I retrofitted my Epic Evo setup to use the D3 by mounting it in direct airflow as recommended by Adam.


The Evo has a removable battery tray.  I mounted it to the front of the tray using an aluminum bracket to mount the D3


The bracket is held in place using two 2/2-56 screws and nuts.

Velcro is used to secure the D3 to the bracket.

View of finished tray retrofit.

View of D3 from the front air intake. This should work nicely.





No comments: