Friday, December 24, 2021

Epilogue ARC Progress - Monokote (wing/stab bottoms)

Okay, just finished Monokoting the wing and stab bottoms.   I'm going with a basic hopefully very visible color/scheme layout. Cub yellow-based schemes with dark contrasting colors dark red and black are visible to me in most sky conditions.  The exception are those cloudless blue sky conditions.  This is where dark red on the fuse and on top of the wings and stabs becomes beneficial. To me, light red, blues, and white are difficult to see at distance and at times can become invisible in certain orientations. 

I'm in the process of deciding between two different scheme layouts for the top of the wings and stabs. I hope to have the Monokote work completed in the next few days.


Wing and stab bottoms


Various tools used for Monokoting



2 comments:

Scnsaracer said...

Really enjoying reading about the build process. Great write-ups Glenn

rcprecision said...

Thanks!